Unfamiliar with Solar phenomena? Read what the Sun is and how it does what it does:
More about Why Solar fusion activity is the primary
mechanism for climate change on Earth — not people!
This is a study in two observations made over the last 400 years: observed annual sunspot numbers and derived global temperatures. The sunspot numbers were recorded by various solar observers since Galileo’s time. Temperatures have been derived from scientific evidence such as ice and earth cores, and several other valid methods. These were collected by various climate studies and were compiled by NASA scientists to produce an animation of Earth’s climate changes over 399 years between 1599 and 1998.
First look at the NASA video that chronicles global temperature since 1599 AD:
Red indicates warmer surface temperature while blue indicates cooler. The little year clock, although difficult to read, ticks off the years in rapid succession from 1599 through 1998.
You should notice two things as you watch the animation:
- The Earth has generally been getting warmer
- Extended periods of cooler temperatures have occurred
Annual Sunspot Count
Next, look at this graphic depicting solar cycles and the number of sunspots counted each year:
You should notice two things as you observe this graphic:
- The sunspot count per year has been getting generally larger
- Extended periods of low sunspot numbers have occurred
Correlating The Two Phenomena Together
And finally, look at this two-minute presentation that ties both observations together:
©2006 Cap’n Bob
A few additional conclusions:
- The media will print or broadcast sensationalized headlines to sell copy regardless of scientific value
- The media will print or broadcast manipulated science with half-truths and invalid conclusions to damage politicians with whom they do not agree
- Politicians seize on these unverified claims in order to blame their opponents
- Uneducated/uninformed people are as gullible as ever
- Western hemisphere climate animation courtesy NASA — adapted from NASA Visible Earth
- Sunspot number graphic courtesy of PAGES
- Animated presentation “Correlation Between Solar Activity and Global Temperature” created by Cap’n Bob
- Ultimate Global Warming - SPF 2 Million Won’t Be Enough
Update: Read about how cosmic rays interact with solar flux to alter Earth’s climate in a subsequent article.